Monday, May 16, 2005

Where the heck have I been? Two books on our Eastern Cherokee family, community roots

Lately I've been writing at Marian's Blog (on typepad), and contributing to Johnson City Forum, also here on Blogger/Blogspot. I just got my copies of east Tennessee writer Vicki Rozema's Footsteps of the Cherokees: Guide to the Eastern Homelands of the Cherokee Nation, and her newest book, Cherokee Voices: Early Accounts of Cherokee Life in the East, both available from John F. Blair, Publisher, in Winston-Salem, NC. It's not a good thing for a region - western NC & East TN - to be so totally divorced from its roots and its history. Not to mention our true ethnic identity. Will I make it to the Tennessee family reunion in July? I'm going to do my best.

2 Comments:

Blogger KarbonKountyMoos said...

Greetings, Marian. I'd like to see the typepad blog & the forum - can you post the links or e-mail me direct?

Thanks!

7:30 PM  
Blogger KarbonKountyMoos said...

uhhh... I found them! Sorry about that.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home